Ancient Corinth & Canal
Ancient Corinth located on the isthmus which connects mainland Greece with the Peloponnese, surrounded by fertile plains and blessed with natural springs was an important city in Greece. This tour starts from the Ancient temple of Apollon which is the most important monument in Ancient Corinth and lies on a low hill and dominates the site. Next stop is the remainings of the Ancient City, once one of the most powerful cities of the Classical world. The tour ends with the Corinth Canal which is 6.3 kilometers long, 23 meters wide, and 8 meters deep, it reach a maximum height of 63 meters and can take vessels of up to 10,000 tons.
Visit the ancient city which was founded by Corinthos, a descendant of the god Helios (the Sun) and admire the Canals view over the bridge, a creation of the 21st century civil engineering.
- Visit the Ancient Corinth (ruins of various buildings including temples, a forum, baths, and a basilica).
- Step in the imposing Doric Temple of Apollo.
- Visit the Corinth Archaeological Museum.
- Watch the best view of the Corinth canal over the bridge.
- Try the famous Greek souvlaki of Isthmus.
|Group Size:||Max 6|
|Departure Time:||09:00 am|
|Ends in:||05:00 pm|