Explore important hagiographed Orthodox monasteries of Peloponesse. This tour is an Orthodox Christian pilgrimage. It includes visits to religious sites with stops at places of historical and archaeological importance.
The tour starts by driving across the Argolis Gulf to the first destination of the Orthodox Loukou's Monastery, a vessel for the art, history and tradition of Christianity. Continue with a visit to the Mansion of Herod Atticus which was one of the most important and most impressive monuments in Arcadia. After a quick stop for a drink and a snack the tour will bring you to the Monastery Timiou Prodromou which is build on a huge vertical rock inside the canyon and offers a thrilling enthusiasm to the visitors of this holy area. Final stop will be the historical Ano Doliana village on the top of Arcadian mountains for a traditional Greek lunch!
Greek Orthodox monasteries are built in spectacular locations, they are the jewels of byzantine architecture!
- Visit Monastery of the Transfiguration, Loukou (17th century).
- Visit Monastery Prodromou (16th century).
- Visit the Mansion of Herod Atticus.
- Drink a handmade Greek coffe on the road.
- Visit the legendary Ano Doliana Village.
- Enjoy traditional village cuisine in a peaceful environment.
|Group Size:||Max 6|
|Departure Time:||09:00 am|
|Ends in:||05:00 pm|